Q: How do I know this rattle is a safe product?
A: We only produce items for children that are safe! BAD DADDY RATTLES had our rattles tested by Applied Technical Services, Inc. in Marietta, Georgia to make sure our product meets the USA guidelines for the CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) as well as European standards. Our rattle passed the requirements and we have a certification that we are always happy to send to anyone who requests it.
Q: Is wood toxic?
A: Some wood IS toxic but at BAD DADDY RATTLES, we only use domestic and exotic wood that is NON-TOXIC.
Q: What kind of finish is used on BAD DADDY RATTLES?
A: We never use stains or paint! We use only a double-filtered, food grade safe beeswax to bring out the natural beauty of the wood and to keep baby’s saliva from soaking into the wood. Remember wood is porous.
Q: Could my child be allergic to one of your woods? (see warning below)
A: Yes, but it is very unlikely. Most people who have a wood allergy are allergic to wood dust that is airborne (for instance, from cutting and sanding), not from direct contact. IF YOUR CHILD LOOKS TO BE HAVING ANY SIGNS OF AN ALLERGIC REACTION, DISCONTINUE USE IMMEDIATELY AND CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR.
Q: Doesn’t wood splinter?
A: We only use hard woods that can stand up to a teething baby or toddler. When babies are cutting new teeth, they are looking to alleviate the aching sensation of the tooth behind the gum. Once it breaks through the gum, there is a great deal of relief. Therefore, it is less likely a baby will chew on a rattle like a dog chews on a dog bone. Our rattles are sanded down with industrial strength machines and then hand checked as they go through the waxing process. We use three coats of beeswax to layer the rattle well so its ready for use and safe to wash.
Q: What makes the BAD DADDY RATTLES shaking sound?
A: We use copper head BB pellets to get that soft natural sound.
Q: How do you wash BAD DADDY RATTLES?
A: Wash by hand with warm water and a little bit of soap, rinse thoroughly and dry with a clean towel. Do not put BAD DADDY RATTLES in the dishwasher.
!WARNING! ANY PERSON CAN BE ALLERGIC TO ANY TYPE OF WOOD. GENERALLY IT IS NOTICED WHEN CUTTING OR TURNING WOOD AND THE DUST IS AIRBORNE, NOT WHEN TOUCHED WITH HANDS OR MOUTH (THROUGH CONTACT WITH SERVING PIECES OR, IN THIS CASE, TEETHING RATTLES). IF SIGNS OF ANY SWELLING OR RASHES APPEAR, DISCONTINUE USE OF ITEMS IMMEDIATELY AND FOLLOW UP WITH YOUR DOCTOR. AS WITH ALL PRODUCTS, MONITOR YOUR CHILD WHEN THE TEETHING RATTLE IS BEING USED FOR SAFETY.